
Wow! So much has happened in the past few weeks! Isla is 10 weeks old Tuesday and is going through a BIG growth spurt! She has been eating non-stop and for long periods of time - imagine eating for 60+ minutes and then wanting to eat again (for 60+ minutes) 30-60 minutes later. To summarize... "Ouch!"
Yesterday and today we've had a record heat wave - 100 degrees today!
It is amazing to think we had the heater on at night 2 days ago. It turns out that Isla is already fitting into all of her 3 month clothes and some of her 6 month clothing and we've had fun trying out some summer time outfits. Isla is now 23 inches and 12 lbs!
Here's a quick summary of what we've been up to...
Isla went to her first wedding and wore her first party dress. Isla looked beautiful dancing with her daddy - it brought tears to my eyes!
Isla and my mom and I went to Baby Charlotte's baby shower and Isla cried most of the time. It was a little stressful, but fun to celebrate with Gretchen!
The next weekend, Andrew and I took Isla on a day trip to Julian and had some awesome apple pie!
Isla had a wonderful time meeting her Grandpa Tony (although I had a bad habit of trying to take a picture of the two of them whenever Isla was hungry). Grandpa Tony took some beautiful pictures of Isla and it was great to see him, but we missed seeing Grandma Teddy.
Auntie Shannon visited a day after Grandpa Tony arrived and brought Easter with her. I had the BEST time staying up past midnight and talking. I think Isla had a hard time falling asleep after Shannon left without the constant chatter. During our visit we went to a meditation garden and enjoyed some beautiful coastal views. We all miss her so much and also miss the yummy food she made! THANK YOU SHANNON!!! Isla sends you drooly kisses!
We had a fun and casual Easter. We went to mass in the morning and I was sure it was going to be a disaster, but Isla quieted as soon has the organ started and after listening, wide eyed, for a few minutes, she feel right asleep, through communion and her blessing and everything. After church Andrew's family all came over for a huge potluck brunch. Yum!
Last week we had a little adventure at the ER. Isla had a temperature of 100.4 and when we called the RN line they had us go to the ER because infants under 3 months can have serious infections even with a low fever. Isla was happy as a clam and not acting sick and we had a well baby appointment the next day, but the nurse still had us go in. It was actually a completely positive experience - the wait was short, the staff was nice and Isla was fine.
While waiting I looked at all the other kids in the waiting area. The little girl sitting across from us was covered in blood but completely chipper. Apparently she had a big bike accident and was trying to negotiate staying home from school the next day. She looked and acted so much like my sister, April, when she was little that it was almost surreal. Watching her talk to her parents made me feel like I was watching a forgotten memory. (By the way, Happy Birthday Liebchen!)
When we went into back they told us that Isla would need a blood test and urine sample. Naturally I began to panic a little, remembering how much Isla cried during her shot. Our nurse, Frank, while very kind, did not make me feel much better. He was an extremely tall, bald and tattooed and looked like he would be more comfortable on a Harley than in a children's hospital. Isla, however, was enchanted by Frank. She cooed and flirted and laughed with him. She cried when they put the band on her arm, but didn't cry during the blood draw or the catheter. Even Frank was impressed!
Tomorrow Isla has her shots...think good thoughts for us! My chest is already feeling a little tight thinking about it. Next week Isla and I are driving to Northern CA so Isla can meet her Great Grandparents! Very Exciting!


4 comments:
She is getting so big! I can't stand it! Tell Isla to not grow one more inch until we can get there. K?
We are counting down the days! Only 37 more!
Oh, and I am so glad that se is ok--not sick. I wish I could say the same for Teal. She's been having sleeping troubles and has a fever today. Boo!
She is so beautiful!!! I can't believe how big she is getting!!
good luck with the shots! noah had his yesterday, he was fine! a few tears (mine, haha) then it was over.
was great to see you!
Wow, she has grown so much! Do you think adults are just INCAPABLE of not saying that? I always say it about every kid and then realize I sound just like one of those "gr'ups!" I love that she liked Frank so much--you had better watch out when she's a teenager!
Post a Comment