Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Almost Cruisin'



Isla is now a speedster when it comes to crawling. Stalking my sister's cat was great training for her. She can now travel from the kitchen to the garage door in only a few seconds and it it turning me gray!
Imagine my surprise when I pop out to put a load of laundry in the wash and almost trip on her when I come back in. Thank goodness she didn't crawl out the door!
This weekend is BABY PROOF MARATHON!

The cabinet locks we installed were junk, so we are installing new ones, as well as gates and corner pads galore. What was once known as "The Gallery" has been converted to a play room. Once we can fence Isla in, I may be able to get things done around the house.

In addition to speed crawling, Isla is now pulling up on everything - her crib, the cupboards, the wall, me (she actually pulled my pants off trying to pull up the other day). Once up she does my favorite panting little laugh with her tongue out and then steadies herself and removes one hand while wiggling back and forth to balance. She is SO proud of herself and if she had her way, she'd stand all day long!

3 comments:

Emi said...

OMG! I love those PJ's...esp the butt part :)

Suz and Don said...

The cat and Isla in the light from the window are very nicely composed. These are great photos.
Dad

Theedholmfam said...

What a big girl! I'm so proud!