Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Baby Changes Everything

On our drive home we blasted some Christmas carols, and despite having lost my voice for 3 weeks, I screeched along with my favorites.

Initially the kids were enchanted with the music too until they remembered the dvd player.  (We turned Ike's seat around and this was his first trip getting to see the dvd player - it was a blessing and a curse.)  I made everyone listen to all of Faith Hill's Christmas album before we watched a show.  Isla really loved it, especially the "Gchazzy" rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  The last song is called, "A Baby Changes Everything."  It is the story of Mary, but is something that speaks to the heart of any mother.  It is a beautiful song.

Hours later when I was putting Isla to bed, she asked, "Mom, does a baby really change everything?"

I'm not sure what she was thinking about when she asked, but I told her, "Yes!" and told her just how magical and special it was when she became my baby and changed everything for me in a wonderful way.  After I told her, she snuggled down and was quiet with a happy smile on her face.


Tonight she's gotten out of bed multiple times saying, "I'm worried about how I'm ever going to sleep on Christmas eve!  I'm just going to be so excited!"

No comments: