We had our 2nd NT scan on July 30, 2008. (Our 2nd because Baby A wouldn't turn the right way the first time.) Baby A is now the record holder for the most stubborn baby ever to have an NT scan at our hospital. The techs needed to measure a tiny area on Baby A's neck and every time they would get close, Baby A moved. After 2 hours, 2 techs, a lot of gymnastics by Ali we finally got the scan. The techs felt so bad that they gave us 10 ultrasound pictures. My favorite is the picture posted below. At one point the tech said, "The baby just gave me the finger!" 
I met with the Dr. after the scan and he told us that based on the results of the sonogram and the blood work, Baby A now has a 1 in 10,000 chance of having trisomy 13 or 18, or Downs Syndrome. News that was well worth the wait!


4 comments:
Oh my good, look at the tiny fingers. That is amazing.
Yey! Comments!!! Thanks April!
What a beautiful baby already!!! Congrats to you both!!!!
I love that baby! I love you guys! That little monkey will be perfect. I can't wait to snuggle it and sqeeze the litle bum (that is my thing--I love little monkey bums!)
Post a Comment