I met our OB today for the first time. She is friendly and seems very very knowledgeable and experienced. I really liked her interest in the most up-to-date medical advances and emphasis on best practice in medicine. In addition to eating right and getting a lot of rest, she suggested that I take a walk outside everyday (for exercise and vitamin D), participate in prenatal yoga and aquatics, and try to relax/pray/meditate for an hour each day. I almost laughed out loud - the idea of taking a hour out of the day for myself seems crazy and impossible.
She went on to explain that having a child can be a catalyst for change in other areas of your life and suggested that I should be trying to do the things now that I want to be doing 10 years from now. So, for exmaple, if I imagine myself having a better diet, more exercise, and less stress in 10 years, then I should be making changes to achieve those goals now. It was not what I expected to hear at my first visit, but very welcome!


No comments:
Post a Comment