Wow! How is it possible for Baby A to be fine when I feel this gross!?!Morning sickness (the layman's term for "NVP" - Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy") has to be one of the weirder medical phenomenons.
I first started feeling little bouts of nausea around 4.5 weeks. I will admit that they actually were more exciting than anything else...something that made me feel pregnant.
At 6 weeks the morning sickness really kicked in and the excitement was gone...replaced with exhaustion and nausea whenever I drank liquids. At first it was just water, but now it is pretty much any liquid (BTW, thank you for all the creative drinking solutions...they have all worked for a few days, and are much appreciated). Until 8 weeks, the only long term solution was drinking on a very full stomach. I started eating giant meals in order to drink water and I became dehydrated. Eating because you are thirsty is not the healthiest or most enjoyable way to eat.
When my 8 week doctor's appointment was rescheduled, I brought the issue up with the nurse and she spoke to the doctor. The doctor recommended Unisom sleep tabs (Yes, a sleeping pill!) and vitamin B6. The combination is a wonder drug!!! It has drastically reduced the nausea and after a few days, it isn't making me too sleepy. Andrew can still tell you a few gross morning sickness stories, but overall it is a huge improvement.


No comments:
Post a Comment