On Saturday we celebrated Diego's first birthday with Margo and Enrique, Grandma and Grandpa R, and Jeanette and Candy. We told Jeanette on the way up and then gave Diego a card that said "Happy Birthday! Love, Ali, Andrew and your future cousin." Margo read the card and thought the "future cousin" was a reference to Ali wanting baby, so Andrew asked her to re-read it, resulting in lots of hugs and tears. 
Diego is just about the cutest little boy ever! He enjoyed his own cake, much to the enjoyment of everyone else, and partied the night away! On our way home we stopped by Barbara and Dan's and told them the news and Andrew called Michael the next morning to share the news with Mike and Wendy. (Sorry for avoiding you these past few weeks! I'm not good with secrets, and I knew I'd give it away!)
My mom is so happy we told everyone, because now she has been anxious to speak with Andrew's family!
After we have the Ultrascreen sonogram next week we will be telling our friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment