Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby!

It is amazing how much "stuff" can be packed into a little 12x12 room. I wish I had a picture that captures the unbelievable amount of papers that covered our desks after 2.5 years. This picture of my desk after just 3 months should indicate how bad things got.
We spent a week getting ready for my parents to come and putting our shredder to task. When my parents arrived we did some creative furniture moving and then washed the walls, windows, and every other possible surface and then moved in Baby A's new furniture.
I'm really happy with the results so far. I'll post more pictures as we continue to update it.
(Baby A is in the picture too! Her ultrasound picture is in the little frame.)

We went to breakfast with our friends, Rachel and Brian, and their little boy, Noah, on Sunday. Andrew and I were impressed by their patient and relaxed parenting, but also fascinated and a little taken aback by the amount of work that goes into dining with a 9 month old. Noah is one of the cutest most friendly babies I've ever met! Every time I'm worried about being a mommy, I spend 5 minutes with Noah and feel better. His face just lights up when he sees new people and he loves crawling over my tummy. I can't wait for real play dates with Noah and Baby A.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet post! Thank you for loving my little guy. Please note: You may borrow him any time!

I can't wait to meet Baby A. I told Noah he is going to have a beautiful friend whos's mommy is really fun and smart.

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Theedholmfam said...

Only 100 days to go, Ali! I can't wait to see you guys.

Shannon said...

Stacy told me about your blog. I am so excited for you. After reading your blog I can tell how excited you are too. You are going to be such a good mom.