Andrew and I started getting ready for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, but we've both noticed that Christmas seems secondary to BABY. Although her arrival is still at least 6 weeks away, she is making a definite impact on our lives. We talk about her all the time, we've been taking classes every week to get ready for her arrival and she is getting most of the Christmas gifts this year. Poor Christmas is taking the back burner this year!
This year we have been taking the quick and easy approach to Christmas decorating. We picked out our tree in record time. After looking at a few on the lot, we noticed some freshly delivered trees, still wrapped up. Without much debate we decided to just get one of those. Our fresh and fragrant tree turned out to have some "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree qualities, but I'm a big fan!
This weekend I went on a cookie making spree and we finished all our gift wrapping and decorating. In addition to the traditional decorations, we've added a stocking for our little girl and a tiny tree and Christmas teddy bear in her nursery. It is a little over the top, but I figure that the tiny tree will not be an option next year, with an active 10 month old, so this is the year to decorate!
I had a wonderful visit with one of my little kids today. I haven't seen him in a month and when he saw my belly, he gasped and said, "oooohhh" (I felt like a beautiful Christmas tree that had just been lit.) He then walked over to me, carefully put his hands on my belly and softly said, "Hello Baby." It brought tears to my eyes...it was such a sweet moment. Later he informed his mother and me that he wanted a baby in his tummy too! 

1 comment:
you look beautiful! love your bump!
Post a Comment