Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Isla - Master of the Universe

Don't you think if God has a control system it would look like a giant complex excersaucer?
...a comfy revolving seat, lots of complicated things to manipulate, and a great view...
Grammy J gave us the excersaucer for Isla's shower and she is finally old enough to put it to good use. At a recent visit to Marisela's I was complaining that Isla constantly wants to stand and fusses when not given the opportunity to practice her new skill. This is fun for her, but very time consuming for me. Marisela suggested using the excersaucer and it has been a huge success. Although she is still a little small for it (her feet barely touch the ground), Isla loved it before I even added the toys.
With a pair of my PJ pants wrapped around her waist to stabilize her, she loves turning to look at everything and can play with all of the toys already! Her favorites are the starfish (mission accomplished when Isla can get it into her mouth and fun for peekaboo too), the revolving musical wheels (one of them actually sounds just like the rotary phone we had when I was little), and slamming her hand on the duck button. Hopefully all this sitting and standing will counteract the little "flat head" situation she has in the back.

Thanks Grammy J!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

So cute! Looks like the same toys as our exersaucer. :)

About the sleep thing, I know hard hard that must have been! I remember sitting in a nearby room balling my eyes out when Joshua wouldn't go to sleep when I knew he needed to. It's a hard stage for sure!!!

Marisela said...

I'm so glad to see Isla likes her entertainer! With ours we can adjust the height, does yours have the same feature?

Ali said...

Yes! It is on the shortest setting. I can't wait to see Ethan in his on Wed.