Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Isla's Golden (Month) Birthday!

Happy 10 Months Little Love! 

We are having a blast sharing the holiday season with Isla.  Her Christmas Center is a favorite play area and she loves the santa and frosty finger puppets my Grandma Marie gave me the year she passed away.  Always on top of things, it is just like Grandma Marie to give a St. Nicholas Day gift to her great granddaughter 5 years early!

...and yes, she loves shoes just is much as her mommy.  "My red shoes ROCK!!!"

Here are the 10 Month Stats...
Weight: 18 lb, 12 oz (35th percentile)
Height: 27.75 inches (45th percentile)
Head: 43 cm (just over the 10th percentile)

Isla is cruising faster than ever and standing independently for a few seconds and then intentionally diving face forward (usually onto Andrew or myself).  It was just the prompting I needed to put the corner protectors on our low tables.  Isla is eating all kinds of new foods - a few favorites: black beans, carrot chucks and peas - however, she doesn't have any teeth yet.  I remember worrying at 6 months about getting her photo taken before her teeth came in so I could capture her sweet gummy grin.  Hmmm....no rush apparently.  Isla finished her prevacid on 12-10.  So far our medication free trial is going great!  She hiccups a little more than usual, but the frequency of her spit ups haven't increased.  It feels so nice not to give her medication twice a day.

Isla is paying attention to everything we do and trying hard to do it too.  It is time for Andrew and I to start behaving!  I have brushed her hair only twice before today (not very effective with her short cowlicked filled hair) but after brushing her hair today she reached for the brush and started "brushing her hair."   It was so cute and most of the time the brush connected with her hair rather than her face.  I leaned over and she "brushed" my hair (and eye) too.  Isla and I have never looked so good!

We are seeing more and more of Isla's sesne of humor. She loves silly faces and body movements and laughs out loud whenever we surprise her with something out of the ordinary, like putting my shoe on her foot, or using a cup as a hat or making Owlie suck on her paci.

PS - Check out the cute Chrsitmas shirt I made out of her halloween costume shirt.  A little felt, embroidary and a few buttons went a long way.

1 comment:

Suz and Don said...

Nice shirt! Nice hair-do too.
Dad