The stockings are hung by the chimney with care…actually it was pretty tricky decorating for the holidays this year. Isla quickly helped us realize what would work and what wouldn’t. For example, our stocking hooks, (a family of heavy metal deer, were not going to work. Instead I strung a ribbon across the fireplace that will easily fall if Isla tugs on a stocking. Our deer family is holding special ornaments for each of us, safely out of Isla’s reach.)
Isla has a little tree on the window ledge in her room. She loves the tree and opens the curtains whenever I change her diaper to look at it. Last weekend we got our tree up. Here's Isla getting bundled up for tree shopping. I can't figure out if this hat is too small or too big.
If you look through our windows it looks like we have a 10 foot tree, but we actually have a four foot tree sitting on a desk. I wasn’t sure if this was excessive baby proofing, but it turned out to be a brilliant idea (Thanks Mom!). Isla is enthralled with the tree. It is visible down the hall from her room and whenever we walk out of the nursery she reaches for it and says, “treh!” Our new favorite activity is looking at and labeling all the ornaments. I’m trying to teach Isla to identify the pickle ornament so she has a leg up at family Christmas parties.
Isla also likes looking at the animals and people in our crèche and listening to me make all the different animal sounds. I got to add the “Ox and Goat” set that I bought last January, so now all the animals mentioned in “The Little Drummer Boy” are represented.
As for the rest of the decorations, this year, Gretchen introduced me to the glitter bins at Michaels…My Christmas ornament rule has always been that it must sparkle and catch light (or be extremely sentimental) to make it on the tree. …thanks to 50% off on everything I was able to expand my policy to our house in general. The full effect isn’t captured in these photos, but trust me, if it can glitter, it does!












No comments:
Post a Comment