Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Profiles in Procrastination

Andrew was Super Dad today and watch Isla all day while I worked on my lecture for a class I'm teaching next week.  It was supposed to be a day of super focused output, and instead I have completed another monument to procrastination.
Here's a little taste of how things went down...

3pm - Fed Isla and put her down for a nap
3:15pm - Looked out the window at the massive wind and rain storm
3:20pm - Noticed giant pine tree swaying over kitchen window
3:20-3:25pm - Contemplated best place tree could fall to minimize damage to house and wondered if the fall would knock our ugly mirror walls on Isla.
3:25-3:45pm - Researched effects of soil composition, wind and water on tree variety and likelihood of tree falling on house
3:45pm - Decided to be productive and called my sister.
3:45-3:53pm - Spoke to April about procrastination and anxiety with lecture
3:53pm - Decided to check in on one of my favorite blogs (Cakewrecks).
3:55pm - Called April back to tell her about the "blobs of poo" post
3:55-4:30pm looked at Cake Wrecks
4:30pm - Isla wakes up
4:30-5:15pm - Watched Isla while Andrew showered and relaxed (He was cleaning the kitchen the whole time)
5:15-6:15pm - Made Chicken Pisole for Dinner
6:15-6:45pm - Ate dinner, fed Isla, and cleaned up
6:45pm - decided it was too close to Isla's bedtime to do any work.
6:45-7:20pm - Family time...Played with Isla
7:20pm - Nursed Isla and put her to bed
7:35pm - Decided, in order to be good and have more time to work, not to make divinity.  Dipped walnut pieces in marshmellow fluff instead.
7:40pm - Investigated what happens when Marshmallow Fluff is microwaved (pretty much like microwaving a marshmallow)
7:40-7:42pm - Ate marshmallow fluff out of the jar with my finger (Why did I bother with a spoon earlier)
7:42-7:55pm - Gathered my items together in order to get to work
7:55pm - Wondered how Josie Duggar is doing and read update (Happily, she is well).
8:00pm - Noticed an article about a custody battle over Bristol Palin's son and read that
8:03pm - Turned on Antiques Road Show and started this post....

Argh...so frustrating!!!  I think I am going to just put the nose to the grindstone and stay up as late as I need too.  Just what I wanted to avoid, but I brought it upon myself...
Andrew, I really appreciate all you help today!  You'll be happy to know that the morning was much more productive than the afternoon.

1 comment:

Theedholmfam said...

You are SO funny!
Happy belated birthday!