Isla had fun coloring on her card for Daddy, although she also barfed on it (I forgot to mention that fun in the previous post.) She really understood that something special was happening and said "prenents!" whenever we walked by Daddy's presents and "Pardy!" She also wished her Daddy a "Happy Birthday" with some assistance (see the post title) this morning and independently yelled, "Biiiirrrday!" when Andrew came home tonight. It was a big day for her!
Here are the cupcakes getting filled. I used Martha's one-bowl chocolate cupcake recipe, with "soured" coconut milk (milk with a little bit of lemon juice) instead of buttermilk. I made the filling out of vanilla, powdered sugar, shortening, coconut milk and marshmallow fluff.
Mommy's gift - a fancy single cup coffee maker that uses vacuum pressure or something like that.


1 comment:
Argh, we've missed Andrew's birthday again! And we saw you this weekend and I had no idea... :-( Boo for the Mortons being bad friends :-(
Okay, so that gives us an even better reason to get together soon for dinner - we can bring it up to you if you like! and celebrate. Happy Belated Birthday Andy! It was so great to see you and your precious girl with her awesome hair bow this weekend. You are super talented Ali. I wish I could make such cute creative things!
Post a Comment