Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1st Haircut*

On Wednesday, during our visit to my parents, Isla, my mom (Gramma), Auntie April and I went to the salon. My mom goes to the same stylist I went to in highschool (who also did my wedding make-up) and I decided to get my hair cut and colored. My mom was also getting her haircut and Andrew and I decided that it was time for Isla to say "bye bye" to her baby mullet and get her hair cut too.It was a fantastic decision to take Isla to Theresa. I felt completely comfortable and Theresa was so relaxed and skilled that Isla barely knew she was getting her hair cut. We also saved her snack until haircut time to act as some simultaneous reinforcement. Instead of putting her in a chair or putting a cape on, Theresa had me hold her and just moved with Isla. Andrew and I were really worried about cutting her hair, but Theresa gave her the cutest little cut. It looks so natural and is a great transition while her sides and the baby bald spot layer grows out. On top of everything, her haircut was free (because it was her first). I think Theresa might have a new lifetime client!
April was there to document it all and watch Isla while our mom and I were getting our hair done. She is such a sweet auntie. Isla (and her future babies) are so lucky!
*Technically Isla's 1st haircut happened sometime in the first few months. I told Andrew that I wanted a bit of her hair for her baby book, but couldn't bear to cut it. He ran off to the tool drawer, grabbed his leatherman and snipped Isla's hair. Ever since then, that area has been curly - isn't that weird.

No comments: