We had a heat wave last week and spent a little more time than usual indoors.
Here's some photo documentation of our fun...
Trying on Emi's wedding veil! She surprised Isla with her very own beautiful veil yesterday and it is already getting lots of use!


In the morning we go on walks to the park and play outside. In addition to the rabbit herd (what's the name for a huge group of rabbits that lie in your backyard) we have lots of garden spiders and their big webs...fun from a distance,

and for one day we had a turtle! He was so cute! It was an especially hot day and he was in the little bit of shade on our patio. I watered some plants and he trotted over to the water and sat under the sprinkler.

Switching Hats...a classic!
Coloring!

Not pictured...shopping! Recently Isla experienced the joys of Costco Samples!
Ever since our playdate at the aquarium (I want pictures, please, Rachel!) Isla has been on 1-4pm nap schedule. I was dreading this switch because I crash and burn when she naps. Happily, the new schedule has been a God-send! We have so much fun in the morning and I have lots of time in the afternoon to get dinner ready and relax. Instead of spending the morning waiting around for naps, we get out of the house.
I've had enough time during naps to do some canning. So far I've made raspberry jam, apricot conserves, tomato jam (yummy with cheese!), jalapeno jelly, Serrano jelly, and plum jam!

On the weekend it means we can do a lot more as a family. We've gone to the beach, visited the Hotel Del, gone to SeaWorld, and last weekend we went to the park and zoo.
We went on the Merry-Go-Round and Isla loved it!

She was nervous about the Rockin' Eel at SeaWorld, but the Merry-Go-Round was a hit.

We went in a rocking sleigh that rocked so much I almost fell forward! Afterward Isla tried sitting on a big horse.

Isla loves trains - we sing "Little Red Caboose" every day. Little Red Caboose, Little Red Caboose, rising behind the train. Chooo-chooo! Little Re....

The train was pure joy! She talked about it all day after wards!

At the Zoo Isla got to see her favorite animals....

"Rillas!!!"
2 comments:
I would love it if you got a pic of Isla wearing her new veil. i forgot to take a picture before I gave it to you. =) (I was a bit rushed and excited!)
I'll take one for sure! She and her toys have been wearing it all week!
Post a Comment