Here's how I shared the news with Andrew...On February 19th & woke up early & "took the test." Andrew thought I couldn't test until Wednesday. I had already ordered a shirt for Isla to wear. I woke up Isla & whispered to her that she was going to be a big sister, dressed her in the shirt & went in to wake up Andrew. Andrew said he knew as soon as he woke up & saw us there.
Then we all went down to Coronado, walked on the beach & had lunch & then we went out to dessert in downtown San Diego. (Lady bug wings optional.)
The next 13 weeks have been a blur of exhaustion, allergy flares (a new pregnancy symptom for me), exhaustion, nausea & vomiting (improved with Zofran), exhaustion, fussy thinking & exhaustion. I'm hoping to feel more energetic soon!
Isla is excited about having a sibling! When we first told her she narrated everything I did through the baby - "The baby is closing the door." "The baby is changing my diaper."
We haven't talked about it too much because everything we've read says it is better not to talk about it too early because it is too abstract. We have been talking a lot about her friends' siblings.
At my doctor's appointment yesterday the LNP was using the doppler to find the baby's heartbeat & she told Isla that the sound was the baby's heartbeat. Isla said, "Open Mama's tummy so we can see it!"
Later that night during story time, she pulled up my shirt & looked carefully at my stomach.


1 comment:
Congratulations! What a cute way to spread the word in your house :)
Post a Comment