Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Super Mom"

Being pregnant has brought out the "Super Mom" in me (said with thick sarcasm).
I started my Days of Play project to make up for my total dud mothering. Believe it or not, we are still doing something special everyday, but I never have energy to take photos or post what we are doing.
Here's a few of the things we've done:
- Making art with crayola colored bubbles
- Creating a house out of Andrew's BBQ box
- Dying Easter Eggs
- Going on a few practice egg hunts
- Decorating the house for Easter
- Cooking together
- Eating Lunch Outside
- Sand & Water Table Play
- All kinds of pretend play
- Reading Isla's Belly Book (Pregnant or new 1st time Mamas - keeping a journal of your pregnancy is a great way to talk about the 2nd baby coming. Isla loves looking at the journal from her pregnancy.)
- Much, much more! With preg-nesia, I can't remember...

So in addition to wanting to crash on the couch all day, every day, we have been eating a lot more pre-made meals, spaghetti, etc.
In addition, Isla has had her 1st Chicken McNugget & McDonald's French Fries. Proud, proud moments in a mother's life!

Andrew has more than stepped in to fill my shoes. He and Isla have grown a lot closer & she loves doing pretend play with him & "surfing" on his legs, complete with Beach Boys music & everything. Isla also loves listening to her Daddy play the ukulele after dinner. It melts my heart to watch her run to her Daddy to give him hugs & kisses before bed. She always wants to say, "I love you!" & "Good Night," a few extra times.

2 comments:

Theedholmfam said...

You are so cute, Ali--pregnant brain and all! Tears started welling when you spoke of how Andrew is stepping up with daddy duties. He is such a great husband and daddy. You guys are so blessed! Teal is also very blessed to call him Goddaddy!

Emi said...

It melts my heart with joy to see this post. I am so happy and excited. I hope you are feeling much better soon, but don't be too hard on yourself in the meantime. We all know what a fabulous mom you are!