We all got a cold last week. It wasn't very bad, but I'm just now finally kicking it. I just feel completely wiped and inefficient. I've been short with Isla and haven't had as much time to play with her because I'm trying to catch up with work and housework and Isaac has been extra needy. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
Isla has been saying the sweetest cutest things and I am forgetting them before I can write them down. Today she saw a bird out the window and said, "Look! A birdy friend of mine!" She is delighted with birds.
Isla played with our neighbor's God Daughter today and they tried on all her daughter's old dance costumes. It was SO cute! They both spent about 10 minutes looking at themselves in the mirror and calling each other princess names.
We re-Ferberized Isaac tonight. It went pretty well, but I felt so bad for him. He has been falling asleep in out arms since 3-16 and today he took a huge nap in the arms of our neighbor, resting on her giant Grandma bosom. One last hurrah! The re-Ferberizing him was necessary because he has been taking longer and longer to fall asleep and I can't handle being up for an hour with him at night.
He has been such a charmer lately. Ike flashes huge smiles at us and lights up any room he is in. He is also super ticklish - inherited from his Auntie - and cracks up and squirms when you change his clothes or diaper. His new and improved tummy seems fully recovered and he is rolling and doing tummy time again. He drools up a storm, but doesn't seem to have any teeth coming in yet. He is very interested in food and loves to watch us eat. I'm sad that we have to put solid foods on hold for him right now. Hopefully he'll get the green light at his next GI appointment.
On Monday he had his follow up and all of his steri-strips were removed. His reflux is still bad (maybe worse), but his poops are much better. It could be the surgery or the new diet, or both.
PS - My camera is MIA, but I have photos to share when I find it.


2 comments:
I was wondering why you'd been so silent lately, and as bad as everyone being sick is, I'm so glad it's not because something happened to Isaac during his recovery! I hope all of you start to feel better soon, and that everything settles down into a routine again!
Hey that stinks that you guys have been sick with all you've already gone through! Glad you're conquering it finally Ali! I guess I must have missed it in a previous blog but what is Ferberizing? And why do you have to re-do it to sweety boy?
Post a Comment