Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I Like Ike!

Isaac has had a very good month.  On 6-21 he was vaccinated with the Pneumovax 23 vaccine and an extra booster of DTaP.  Pneumovax is a special vaccine for people who are immune-compromised and one of the last big steps befor Ike before starting IVIG therapy.  Hopefully the vaccine (which protects against 23 pneumococcal strains, rather than the 7 or 13 typically given in vaccines) will result in antibody production and Ike will not need the IVIG treatment!  (I can't remember if I updated on this - basically Isaac's titers that he developed after an extra booster in October and his routine DTaP in February were lost and he was getting sick ALL THE TIME - over 100 days of antibiotics in 2013 so far, plus stomach bugs, viruses, a few minor skin infections and asthma attacks.

He either got sick or had a vaccine reaction because he had a very high fever and rash and was miserable in the 5 days following the vaccine, but since then he's been doing really well and (knock on wood) sleeping better.

I'm very hopeful that the vaccine is working because he has been super healthy these past few weeks.  (OK, I need to stop writing about Ike.  He just started crying and appears to be getting a stomach bug or having a food reaction). 

Still, overall, it has been a great few weeks! 
He has had a language explosion and is counting and singing the alphabet when we take turns saying groups of letters and numbers. He also knows red and blue and will point them out anywhere and everywhere.  If you ask "what color is this?" all other colors are also red and blue, but he is always correct with red and blue and labels when asked or if he sees something red or blue.  He is also singing lots of songs, LOVES to read and likes to talk about people he knows.  Tonight he said, "Good Night Elwood!" (His God Father's dog.)  I said, "Good Night Elwood and Bryan and Gretchen and Charlotte and..."  and Ike said, "Good Night Aireese!" (Aireese = Iris - his favorite girl!)

We've been laying VERY low lately to avoid germs, but when I does see other kids he will wave and say hello.  He also approaches same age peers, offers toys and talks to them.  It is very cute! 

1 comment:

Kenner said...

It sounds like you don't need to be concerned about Ike's language development anymore, at least! What a little talker he sounds like! :)