Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Procrastination...

Our house is so messy and I didn't get great sleep this weekend because Isaac and I both have colds, but for some reason I got sucked into reading past blog entries and stayed up until 3am last night!  What was I thinking!?! 
I'm SO glad I wrote down so many details because until I reread them, I barely remembered some of the sweet little details about my babies. 

I read through the entire hospitalization for Isaac's heart until his  surgery and recovery from malrotation.  (I also re-read all the comments and all the love and kindness from everyone brought tears to my eyes.)
Blogs are funny things.  All my details for the first few months of Isaac's life are accurate, but the blog doesn't remotely capture the exhaustion and emotional roller coaster Andrew & I were on.  I still feel numb about that entire year until about December 2012.  I feel like I need to throw in a few pics of me looking run over like a truck to bring things back to reality.  It is one of the dangerous things about the blogging world - even in posts when the author writes about how hard it is, somehow it all seems more upbeat and manageable than real life.

On the upside, I am determined to blog a little once a week.  Even if it is a short snippet, it is better than nothing.  The details about the kids are too funny and cute to be missed.

Here's this weeks snippet:

A few weeks ago Isla ran into Beckah's room, turned around with just her bum in the door and tooted. 
Beckah said, What!?!  Did you just fart?" 
Isla nonchalantly replied, "Yep.  My barbies are in my room.  I can't toot in there!"

Also, whenever Isla corrects us right now she says, "No, Silly!"  It is sort of cute and sassy in an ok way, so I haven't said anything, but she said it to her swim teacher today and we had to have a little chat. 

We bought Ike a bike helmet today.  He didn't fit in the infant (for 1 & up), or the 3 year old size.  We had to go with the 5+ size for kids with heads between 20 & 21.5 inches.  His head is 20 inches.  Andrew & I both have 22 inch heads & Isla, our little tiny head, is only 19 inches.  He hates the helmet - it is a cool red Lightening McQueen Cake - and it makes him cry.  Too bad, he really should be wearing it at all times.  In a prize winning parenting moment I walked into the laundry room after letting Ike climb to his car seat and then heard, 'Thunk.'  He fell from some point in the car - anywhere from the running board to the car seat.  I found him face down on the cement floor screaming crying.  I'm pretty sure he heard the "Hot Dog Song" on TV and decided to get out of the car.  He is such a good climber.  I packed him and Isla into the car to go to swimming lessons (where Isaac says, "Go lie down in the water?!") or to the Dr. and called the Dr.  The Dr. said come in, but by the time we were seen I knew he was fine.  He was climbing the chairs in reception and running around on a major adrenaline high. 
The next day he and Elwood, his God Father's dog, tried to go through a door at the same time and he fell face down on the other side of his forehead.  He looks like a little demon with budding horns on each side of his forehead.

This sort of goes with his personality of late.  He is super reactive and also testing us and Isla all the time.  He hits, kicks, bites and pulls Isla's hair.  Luckily usually not hard and she is learning to ignore it.  She is SUCH a good big sister.  (On the flip side, they are also becoming better friends every day and do the cutest things together.)   Isla decided to give Ike one of her lollipops for dessert tonight and he was delighted (he has a special dance for chocolate chips and now other sweets).  We decided he couldn't leave the kitchen with it and as soon as Andrew told him, he looked right at him and walked into the living room.  Andrew brought him back and after a few repetitions he took the lollipop away.  Andrew cried and we reiterated the rule and let him try again.  He walked over to the line between the carpet and tile, pointed to the living room with a big pout and said, "Dat kit-chen!"  We said no, and he got mad and stomped his foot, and said, "No!  Ki-Chen!"  We said no again and reiterated where the kitchen was and he stood right next to the carpet on the tile and pouted and ate his lollipop.


Also, we got I-phones!  It is really wonderful.  We already found an app that allows us to share our calendar, meal plans, shopping lists, and to do lists, and Isla already beggs to play games.  As soon as I get around to it, I'll download some pictures.




1 comment:

AggeJ said...

Sounds like your doing the supermom thing. Hang in there! Your doing such a good job with your little ones. I love the cute blog post.
Love,
MaMa A Pearsol