Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

39 weeks...the waiting continues....

Andrew thinks I'm crazy, but I'm ready for our baby to arrive NOW! These past few days (and nights) have been creeping by. I met a 10 day old little baby today and I had to take a deep breath to keep from bursting into tears. She was absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet our little one.

Unfortunately, there was almost no progress in the past week (75-80% effaced and 0 dilation), so she might be a little late. (Although she has definitely dropped, as you can see in this picture.)

I have been taking lots of walks (around Target and the mall) and I am very grateful for all the distractions of e-mails, calls and visits from friends! Thank You!!!

Thank you also for the birthday wishes! I had perfect pregnancy birthday. Andrew and I had lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant in Encinitas and walked to the beach and watched the surfers. I took a nap and then we went to Extraordinary Desserts...yum, yum, yum!!!

Andrew gave me a pregnancy massage certificate for my birthday and on Wednesday I had the most relaxing massage. The therapist had special pillows to keep me on my side the whole time without squishing my arm or having to support myself at all. My back and hips have been aching almost nonstop for the past few weeks. After about 10 minutes of massage the pain was completely gone! Thank You Honey!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see you and Andy and Isla. Yayayayay!

Stacey said...

You look fabulous! Not nearly the whale I was at this point with my two babies!!!

Aunt Chris said...

Ali & Andrew: Isla will be most beautiful! The massage was a thoughtful gift. Hang in there Ali, in spite of it all you look GREAT! Love, Chris

Rachel said...

I keep checking my phone. I am so excited for you!