Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Due Date!!!

February 5th 2009!!! I can't believe it is finally here! This has been the fastest and slowest 9 months of my life!

Check out the changes (and water retention) in the past 9 months (well actually 8 - I was about 4 weeks pregnant in the 2nd picture).

We had our biophysical profile today. It was amazing to see our little girl again. She's gotten so big! They estimate she is 8 pounds 5 ounces - give or take a pound (hopefully not "give"). I started crying when the tech showed us her sweet little face. She seemed to be sleeping throughout most of the sonogram, but we could see her little lips making little sucking movements.
I could have watched her for hours.
After the sonogram (which indicated that she is doing great and has adequate fluid), we had a non stress test. She spent the first 30 minutes completely asleep with a steady heart beat in the low 110's. I was sitting up, but resting back and apparently even that position was putting pressure on my vena cava and keeping her heart rate a little low. The nurse had me lie on my side and her heart rate went up almost immediately to the 130's, but she didn't wake up. I drank some cold water, the nurse shook my belly and Andrew came over and talked to her and she finally started to wake up and move around so that they could get some actual information. It turns out everything is great. (Also I had one Braxton Hicks contraction during the test and we got to see it the read out. It went up to 67, but didn't hurt at all, which is interesting because when I was having the kidney issues it was constantly at 40, but completely hurt...maybe it depends on where they put the monitor.)
So for now everything is great but it looks like our little one is not going to be making an appearance today. One Monday we get to do everything all over again.
On the way out of the Dr.'s complex some drug reps asked me when I was due..."Today!"

(I think I might spend the rest of the day out and about just so someone else will ask me...although telling people, "Yesterday" will also be fun.)

1 comment:

strivingChef said...

Congratulations on making it to the finish line Ali! I've actually spent the afternoon cooking for Isla (via her mommy and daddy, of course) and this answers the "Should I freeze it?" question ;)

We love you and are very excited for her ultimate arrival!