Isla said that to me this morning...I'm not sure if she really said it or if it just came out, but it was really funny, regardless!
So what is up?
- On Saturday night, thinking of my upcoming dentist appointment and deplorable flossing habit, I flossed extra well and a filling fell out...nothing like a little positive punishment to decrease my motivation to floss!
- Isla's walking is improving daily. She showed off for her Grandma A, when she came over for dinner on Friday and did some excellent walking and stabilizing. Isla really enjoyed having Grandma visit and read to her and play with her. Thank you for the birthday clothes Grandma!
- Isla is getting a new cousin!!! That is all I'm going to say, in case the news isn't completely public, but we are thrilled about the little Jack O' Lantern that is on its way!
- I made the lavender lemon almond cookies using the culinary lavender Grandma Teddy sent! They were weird but great...perfect for a rustic country tea.
- I have an assistant in the kitchen now - her favorite job is stirring with the "wiks"
- I'm all out of my favorite tea - Holunder, from the Tee Haack on Potsdamer Platz in Berlin...it is a black tea with awesome apricot flavor and I must get my hands on more asap!
- This is just one of the reasons why I fall more in love with my smart sexy husband everyday...Nothing gets my week off to a great start like a gleaming kitchen!
- Isla has taken a shine to wearing her blue stacking donut as a bracelet. It is cute, but it falls off all the time and makes it hard to do fine motor activity. Luckily she's learning to keep her wrist up at a jaunty angle so that it stays on.
- Isla's vocab is expanding to new and hilarious new horizons - new this weekend: peacock, cicket, boat, egg (the Easter decor is out), and "butt" for belly button.
- We also hear "holt" all the time, which means "hold it" and is her way of requesting to hold all sorts of dangerous things.
- Speaking of danger, Isla has a new and dangerous game with Daddy - playing peek-a-boo on the couch!
- We had some sunshine!
(Not that I don't completely LOVE the rain - bring it on!!!)


1 comment:
Grandma had a wonderful time last Friday. And Isla I have to tell you that your Mom is a really great cook. I wish I had some of that wonderful pot pie today for lunch.
Post a Comment