Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

XOXO

Lately Isla has been a huge fan of hugs and kisses. 
Whenever she wants a cuddle she says, "Hug?"  She also says "hug" when she sees people cuddling or hugging in her books.  Occasionally, if we are sitting near her, she'll announce "HUG!" and launch herself at us, whether we are ready or not.  Sometimes when I'm holding her she will reach for Andrew and say, "Hug?" and then as soon as he takes he and gives her a hug, she turns to me and says, "hug?," etc. etc.

Although she can't say "kiss" she loves giving kisses to us and her animal pals.  Until recently she had two kissing styles - The Open Mouth Slime Kiss and The Open Mouth French Slime Kiss.  Even though we don't kiss her on the mouth, she always goes for ours and we get a mouthful of baby drool!  A few weeks ago a third style developed - The Smack.  She leans towards us with pursed lips, keeping a few inches distance and smacks her lips, or if you aren't close, instead of blowing kisses, she just smacks her lips. This weekend she perfected The Contact Smack and now gives real kisses - absolutely adorable.

Isla is sick (her first ear infection), so she has been extra cuddly lately.  Two nights ago she fell asleep in my arms.  I picked her up to put her in her crib and she reached up, opened her eyes for a second, smiled and sighed, "huuug...."  It was so sweet...

It would have been the icing on my Mommy Cake, except that tonight, when I was reading to her, she did something silly and I hugged her and said "I love you!"  She turned, smiled and gave me a big "Contact Smack"!
It felt like she said, "I love you!" and was a moment I'll never forget!

1 comment:

Theedholmfam said...

Ohmigosh! When you guys get here, I will kiss and hug her and I won't stop! She s the sweetest little love bug EVER!
BTW, beautiful picture, Ali. Two of the most beautiful girls I know!