Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Allergy Update

This blog is 45% update for the familia and 45% baby book and 10% blowing off steam.
This post falls in the aforementioned 10%.
This is another with poop details, so consider yourself warned.

Yesterday we re-introduced avocados. I was expecting no reaction. By the time we identified avocados as a possible trigger last fall, I was so freaked and paranoid about allergies that I assumed that I had overreacted to some random harmless baby rash.

Well, I was wrong. I posted some photos in the previous post that show her rash. I called the Dr. and they said that since the reaction was delayed (3 hours) and minor we could try it again today.

We did and within an hour she started rubbing her face, within 3 hours she got another (bigger) rash, and became super fussy and had stinky, green and mucousy diarrhea.

So now avocados are out, and so is latex (not that she's been running around wearing latex gloves), because there is a risk of a cross reaction.

I am REALLY hoping that this is it! I hope our other challenges go fine, because, really, avocado would be the easiest food to live without (although Andrew is a little sad that Isla can't eat his best-in-the-universe guacamole).

No comments: