I re-read Harry Potter this year and Andrew & I were just talking about how much we love Fred & George, so the post title is a tribute to them.
As you may have gathered from the post title, this is a post about poo... Consider yourself warned.
The post is also an Isla update...
My last excited post re: her allergies was a little premature.
We are going to have to wait a little longer before we start the food challenges.
Isla has had diarrhea for two weeks - not a big deal, and something I thought was a side effect of 5th disease. I called the Dr. for more info about how to do the food challenges and asked if I should wait until her diarrhea cleared up before introducing the foods.
When they heard about the diarrhea that asked me to bring her in. We saw another Dr. who was a total stereotype of CA surfer dude, from his curly longish hair to his Sanucks. To top it off he had surfer posters on the walls. He was a great Dr. and very easy to talk too. He said Isla most likely has Toddler's Diarrhea, (btw, that is probably the worst word in the English language) a benign condition that effects toddlers for no particular reason (sometimes too much juice or fruit) and should clear up soon. Since it has been going on for a bit longer than "Classic Toddler's Diarrhea" he also gave me some kits to collect stool samples.
I'm not going to go into the details of collecting stool samples from a 'muddy' diaper (don't you love the euphemism after writing diarrhea so many times?) Needless to say, it was one of the grossest experiences in my life and made me completely rethink my secret dreams of becoming a nurse.
So, we will start doing allergy challenges when this clears up and they are going to be tediously slow - one food for two weeks or until she has a reaction.
The Marzipan Madness Ben & Jerry's is taunting me, dancing out of my grasp...


2 comments:
:-( You poor thing, I know all about the Toddler's Diarrhea diagnosis and collecting stool samples... have done it more times than I would like to remember.
Did we tell you that I met a nutritionist at Seth's school who recommended I take Spencer off of all forms of sugar? Including fruit, agave nectar, maple syrup, even rice (high glycemic index). Guess what? His stool has gone back to almost completely normal and he is POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For almost a month now!
The tipoff was his breath. I'll tell you more about it, we need to chat. Anyway the GI at Children's Hospital (the lousy one) said that Toddler's Diarrhea is probably just a major imbalance in gut flora - e.g. candida.
We've missed you, hope to catch up soon!
Love,
A
That would be "Mission to Marzipan". The first pint is on me! Love You, Mom
Post a Comment