Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy of the Year!

We had a great Father's Day!
Andrew slept in, then we gave him our presents, and then we quickly got ready to go on a hike near my favorite beach. When we got there I discovered I had left my shoes at home (this is the 2nd time I've done this in the past month! I need to start taking echinacea!) Instead of hiking on the cliffs we opted for a barefoot hike on the beach.
I ran back to take Andrew's shoes to the car and Isla and Andrew both got soaked playing in the surf. Isla has no fear when it comes to the beach and happily sat in the surf and let waves roll up to her neck. She had no intention of leaving, but after she started turning blue and shivering we left.

Isla took a big nap and we had BLT's and coconut cupcakes with mango frosting for lunch. Then we continued our garage clean out. As I mentioned, we are cleaning out our guest room and that has led to cleaning out our garage so we can store the old bed from the guest room. It is a huge huge project, but very satisfying to see things get neat and tidy.

I always knew Andrew was going to be a great dad, but he exceeds my very high expectations everyday! He is so kind and playful and patient with Isla and is truly a partner in parenting.
I love you Andrew!

No comments: