Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Personal Rant

I absolutely LOVE the Anne of Green Gables BOOK Series. I re-read all the books this Spring, laughing and crying and utterly loving every minute.
Then I rented the videos. I've seen the first one before and I like it. It is very true to the book and the scenery in PEI is lovely. The 2nd one was really disappointing - it departed so much from the two books it was supposed to be covering it that I can understand why L.M. Montgomery's estate pulled the rights for the remaining books (as they should have!)

The 3rd movie is a joke - the characters were shallow and it made sense, considering the producer/director just made up the story himself.
Now we are watching movie number for and 2 minutes and 34 seconds in, I already hate it. I'll watch it because I'm a glutton for punishment, but the movie versions of these books are utter desecration!
PS - Any newlywed should read Anne's House of Dreams - I think it is the best of all, although the Rainbow Valley books are wonderful too.

4 comments:

Emi said...

Is the movie you are referring to, the Anne of Green Gables as played by Maegan Follows? I still love all three though you are right, the 2nd book is a bit watered down in the movie....though the guy who plays Morgan Harris has a very nice resemblance to Robert Redford....eye candy can sometimes get me though a disappointing movie. :)

Ali said...

I am! Maegan is a trooper, but it is too bad she couldn't have played the real character!

Lola said...

The best AOGG book is Anne of Avonlea, when she goes to college. I haven't seen any of the movies--do they include the college part? Ahhhhh...when she ditches the hothouse flowers for Gilbert's little bouquet...sigh!

Ali said...

There is no going to college in the movie and no rich college student...it is a nightmare!
Read AHOD and tell me if you still think AOA is the best!