A few weeks ago I was reading
a post one of my favorite blogs that brought on a wave of nostalgia. Before Andrew & I were parents we would pick up and leave for little road trips at the drop of the hat. Just as she describes in her post, we always had hot drinks in cold weather and cold drinks in hot weather, the stereo blasting our favorite tunes (I'll never forget the time we were singing
Imagine and I flipped on the radio and the song picked up right where we left off.) While I love being a parent more than I can ever express, I certainly feel less foot-lose and fancy free.
Over Labor Day weekend took our first road trip with Isla. I could feel a weight lifted as we drove up into the mountains. It was indescribably fun, relaxing and restorative...I think that has a lot to do with the fact that we were visiting some of out favorite people in the world.



We stayed with Isla's Godparents, Jason & Stacy and their daughters, Teal (our God Daughter) and Avreigh Joy.
I am SO happy that they are back in Yuma. I love knowing that they are just a car-ride away rather than a cross country flight away. We've seen them twice in two weeks and we will be visiting them again in just a few weeks. It is fantastic!!!
We don't have many photos because we were to busy having fun to take pictures, but this little montage should give you an idea of how hot it is. These were taken as we drove down into the dessert at 6pm.





The high was 114 - the hottest place in the nation that weekend! It was still 107 an hour after sunset.
We spent a lot of time indoors and also went to the pool.


Watching Isla with her God Family was the most beautiful part of the trip. She is completely at home with them and can't get enough of her Big God Sister Teal. For a week after our trip, Isla was talking about Yuma and Teal and Stacy and Jason and Avreigh. She woke up the morning after our trip and said, "Yuma again? Yuma again?"
Thank you so much Stason, & Co. See you again soon!
1 comment:
Yowza! That's hot, even by Chico Standards!
Post a Comment