The illnesses are not going away...Andrew had to stay home today while I spent most of the morning in bed. Around noon I dragged myself out of bed and drank some lemonade and ate a cheese kaiser roll (relatively healthy, since I usually crave happy meals when I'm sick...)
I managed to make apple cider pork stew for dinner and fold the mountain of laundry that has been sitting in our entry for two days. It is now put away and I only had to lie down a few times during all this.
Isla has a new fun trick. She is getting really good at very specifically asking for what she wants. This morning at 6am, "Isla wake up, no more sleep! Isla eat now! Isla wake up and eat now." During dinner, "Isla no eat pasta! No thank you! No thank you! Isla get down and play!" Before bedtime, "Isla stay and play a little bit more! Isla not go sleep now." While singing good night songs, "No more Edelweiss! No thank you! Mommy sing dump truck song please!"
Her other trick is not going to sleep at night. For the past few days she has been screaming and crying and SCREAMING when we step out of her room. It is really stressful! She's doing it right now, so I'm off to check on her.
...ok, I just did. Before even opening the door I can hear, "Mama open door! MAAMAAA OPEN DOOR!!!" I went in... "Mama pick up, Mama pick up, Mama pick up!" Mama sing Edelweiss song ("Really? Wasn't that on the 'No' list 30 minutes ago?") Mama sing! Isla medicine, Isla have medicine? ("Yep, after all, if she feels anything like me, tylenol can't hurt.") Read Blueberry Sal book? ("No, sorry Isla, it is night night time.") "Sing! Hold Isla and sing Edleweiss!" ("Ok, yes, I'll sing, but it is time to lay down." [setting her in her crib] "Edelweiss, Edelweiss...) "ISLA IN CHAIR!!!! SING IN CHAIR MOMMAAAAA!!!! SING EDELWEISS IN CHAIR!!!!! ARRRGHAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" (I finished the song, said "I love you" and left...she is still crying...)


4 comments:
I'm so sorry that you guys are all miserable, but you really made me laugh :) I love how you write what Isla says, and boy you are right - she is very specific with what she wants ;) I'll keep sending you get well soon thoughts!
Oh Ali! I hope you (and Isla) feel much better soon! It's no fun dealing with a crying, sick toddler, and is always especially heartbreaking when it's your own and you want to fix everything. I would just take comfort in the fact that Isla is probably still testing the waters as she continues to grow, develop, and lean so many new things. Just remember Rachel's blog about her nap time battles with Noah, and know you're not alone. I'm sure I'll be in similar shoes one day. Oh! And her ability/desire/new behavior of saying exactly what she wants is too funny! I hear hear saying those words in her voice as I read your blog and it makes me chuckle. :)
I hope you feel better soon! Ethan just went through the same phase Isla is in regarding naps/sleeping. I thought he was going through a new phase because of Katelyn, but maybe it's just a phase our kiddos are going through since it sounds like Isla is doing the same thing. Ethan would scream/cry at the top of his lungs for us to come back in and even if we did he would start back up again as soon as we put him in his crib. It lasted almost 2 weeks, but he seems to be back on track (with some heartaching Ferber). It will get better! We miss you! Today Ethan said "Ali". I asked if he wanted to see you and he said "yes!". Hopefully next week when you all feel better!
That kid is totally brill! I just have to giggle at her cute talk. I hope you guys are all better!
Post a Comment