I'm trying to cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner in parts prior to Thanksgiving so Isla will have something to eat and so we will have safe leftovers.
So far everything I've made (other than mashed potatoes, but really, how hard are mashed potatoes!) has some issue.
The brown sugar orange yams are some how really salty and today I made stuffing and it is way too greasy.
I still have green bean casserole (something I haven't been able to master dairy free), the turkey, and the gravy to go, and next week will be more kitchen craziness.
Today Isla either bumped her head or pinched her finger in a door and would not let me put her down. I finally grabbed the Belle carrier and strapped her in. She was delighted and referred to herself as a baby kangaroo, but it made cooking difficult and I forgot to add the mushrooms - probably contributing to the grease issue.
I'm also making homemade hamburger buns this week because I cannot find safe buns that don't have a cross contamination risk.


1 comment:
Hugs to you! I wish I could be there to help, but I'm confident that you will whip out a rockin' Thanksgiving meal for everyone to enjoy!
Post a Comment