About 30 minutes after posting below, Isla woke up with some atrocious diarrhea (aka - "reaction poop"), so while it appears she has outgrown her IgE soy allergy, it appears she has NOT outgrown her Non-IgE soy allergy.
I spoke with her allergist tonight and for the time being we will continue with soy in small increments. Once she is scoped she will go back off soy for awhile.
For now, I'm just focusing on the fact that she is no longer in danger of anaphylaxis from soy and excited to introduce some new foods, even if just for a few weeks.


2 comments:
And what a relief to know that even if she can't have soy in her daily life, accidental soy contamination won't send her to the hospital! I'm sure you'd rather have had her completely able to ingest it properly, but at least it's still some kind of good news.
If I could push an "agree" button, or a "what she said" button to Carolyn's comment, I totally would. You and Isla are always in my thoughts!
Post a Comment