Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2012

10 Months!

Ike turned 10 months old on Wednesday.  I can only say that I love him more with every passing hour.  (How blessed I am to have two beautiful lovable babies!)

In honor of his 10 month birthday Isaac is ripping through milestones -  he now crawls a few steps and is completely mobile via comando crawling and rolling.  He pulls himself up independently and cruises carefully but effectively (my 10 month birthday gift to Ike was lowering the crib to its lowest level.)  He stood tonight for a few seconds independently, imitates clapping & waving, is beginning to sign for "more" without prompting, and "talks" up a storm.  He LOVES to listen to music and dance by holding our hands while he bounces his bum or be held while we dance. 

He is an investigator and likes to figure out how we make things happen.  He always wants to turn on his own music, loves my phone and trying to manipulate objects.  At my parents house he spent a lot of time opening and closing the door and marveling at his new found abilities.  I held him while he opened the door and he would crane his neck way back and look up at the door.  I could just imagine the commentary - "I am SO powerful!  Super Ike!"

He continues to be a sunny little guy who rarely cries, and never for long.

One Wendesday he had an allergy appointment and tested negative to everything!!!  This is IgE testing, meaning he likely won't have a histamine reaction to these foods, but he isn't quite out of the woods with milk or soy, as the extent of his non-IgE allergy (intolerance) is not known.  We have a plan for trying these foods after his 1st birthday and I am feeling much less stressed about introducing new foods.  We celebrated by introducing wheat - his 1st "Top 8" food.  So far, so good!  (The allergy testing is a HUGE relief.  I've been worrying because Isaac is in the teeny tiny group of people who cannot take epinephrine without a significant risk, due to his heart history.)


5 comments:

Kenner said...

Oh my gosh, what do they do if epi isn't an option? (Or is it still the only option, just one with serious risks?) That's terrifying! So yes, what a RELIEF that things on the allergy front look positive!!!

Ali said...

You still Epi, but he would probably have to have a vial & syringe rather than an epipen, so it is the exact correct amount. How are you doing Mama?

Kenner said...

Well, I'm hanging in there ;) I've got GD again and my back has been pretty awful, but, 10 weeks to go (HOPEFULLY!!!) and so far my blood pressure looks okay ;) So that's promising!

Ali said...

yey! 10 weeks is so soon! Any names? I'm sorry about the GD & the back. Do you have a brace?

Kenner said...

10 weeks is long enough that I haven't started panicking about anything yet (but I'm sure I will slowly start to do so, soon!) :) I got a maternity support belt, and that has been REALLY helpful (which surprised me! I'm a believer now, so if you know anyone else with sciatica problems, send them my way!) and I've had to cut back on picking up Nathan and stuff :( But that's for the best, anyhow! ;)