This our first independent project. We did all the work ourselves! (That's not to say that we didn't spend a few hours talking things over with my dad, but the labor was all us.)
The project took weeks because we could only work on the weekends and at night, and the end result is not the absolute perfection we envisioned, but we are happy with our work and our "new door."
Here's the old door:
We love the carving and hacienda style of the door but the color was too light, the fixtures were all different colors, the handle was broken and the varnish was in bad shape on the exterior.
We sanded the door down (it took FOREVER!), stained and varnished the door. We also got a new handle & deadbolt and painted all the other fixtures.
Here's the results:


3 comments:
I LOVE your door!!!! I LOVE the carving, and is one of the sweet, charming, traits that make your home endearing! You have to send or post pics! I have already told J I was IN LOVE with your house, but my description just does not do it justice. :)
You did a good job the door looks great.
What an improvement! I was skeptical that this was necessary, but you guys called it. The refinished door looks Great!
Dad
Post a Comment