The new school year starts next week for Isla and in two weeks for me. This year we have a lot on our plate, but I'm feeling enthusiastic!
For starters, Isaac has had his best summer yet - no antibiotics since June (other than an ear infection right now we are treating with ear drops), and no major illness. I think the pneumovax shot may be working! He starts childcare in two weeks and also starts prophylactic full dose antibiotics. Hopefully they will = healthy kid!
Isla is in the FOURS class!!!! How did this happen! Her last year of Preschool!?!?!? She has her teacher from last year (Ms. Rapunzel) and, as it is her 1st year teaching 4s she will be team teaching with one of the most experienced teachers in school. Their aide is also one of my favorite ladies. She has at least 2 returning students from her last class. Back to school night is tomorrow and class visitation is on Friday.
Preschool will be MWF until 11:30, except on the days she stays for lunch bunch. On Thursdays she'll come with me to my Mom's Spirituality Group at church & play with the other kids & Ike. On Tuesdays she is going to do a class called Catechesis of the Good Shepard. My friend is teaching it and it is a two hour weekly class for preschoolers to help develop their relationship with God. The class is incorporates Montessori methods and they spend a majority of their time "working" quietly in "the atrium." I'm super intrigued by this program. Montessori as a primary form of teaching is not for me, but I like the idea of some quiet sustained activity. I also love the goal of the program - developing contemplative skills. They will read a verse or story each week and then go into the atrium to "work" (that's obnoxious) - aka "play." (Play is work for preschoolers, so there is no need to call it work.). The atrium is a special room with different items related to the verse / story as well as chitild size versions of items they would see in mass. The children get to explore these items and do different activities with them. There will also be art, songs, etc. so that should be fun.
Somewhere in there we need to add dance, since she is still telling everyone, "I take ballet and tap! My grandma and grandpa gave me money for dance for Christmas and I was in a recital!" then she turns to me and says, "When's my next recital?"
I'm in the classroom on Mondays & Tuesdays & Friday mornings and Isaac will be in childcare again. (He LOVES it!) On Thursday I have Mom's group in the AM and on Tuesdays I am doing RCIA in the evenings. I also signed up for MOPS at Isla's preschool. They meet on alternating Wed. I thought it would be a nice way to get to know the preschool parents better.
On top of this we still have endless amounts of work on the house, but that's not going anywhere...
All the craziness starts next week!


1 comment:
WOW, sounds like an incredibly busy but rewarding schedule. What does MOPS and RCIA stand for? What are you pursuing in school, Ali? I'm sending good thoughts to you, Andrew, Isla and Isaac!
LOVE,
Aunt/GrAunt Chris
Post a Comment