Wow! 3 Weeks Old!Mary Poppins (Gramma) and Burt - the trusty jack of all trades (Grandpa) - left on Sunday and we are so greateful for all the help they gave us!!!
I can't really put my appreciation and gratitude into words, but I feel so lucky to have so much help. It was a wonderful gift to be able to spend so much time getting to know my daughter and recooperate during the past two weeks.
Yesterday was Isla and my first day home alone together. Things went pretty well. I made a little "To Do" list and got most of it done. The most exciting moment was when Isla managed to poo on the changing table, changing pad, spare pad, diaper caddy, wipes bag, wall, curtain and sheer in one explosive diaper change and then pee and spit up on the sheet saver, sheet, mattress pad and lap pad while I was trying to clean up the first situation. It was impressive!
Today Isla and I left the house and went to Nordstroms and Costco. It was kind of an adventure , but overall things went well. We swung by See's candy and the same lady that loaded me up with free samples when I was pregnant decided to give me tons of free samples this time too! The best part was running into Kevin and Katie at Costco! Happy Birthday Katie!!!
Here's Isla in her watermelon swaddle from her Grandma Teddy and Grandpa Tony! So cute!!!

6 comments:
Awww... She makes mewant some watermelon!
That same stuff happens to me all the time at work. I have to change my clothes immediately after I get home so I can get all the snot/barf/pee/poop/slobber off of me. Gotta love it, though!
Wow, diaper explosion! Sounds like you handled it well, though.
It's amazing how so much can come out of someone so little! =)
Happy bday isla! Glad you aren't giving mommy too much trouble. Come over to sippycup when u can, I posted about isla.
Sweetie,
It's looks like you really have the Mom thing down pat. I remember those days when our little Andrew use to do some of the same things to me that Isla did you on the changing table.
Love Ya
Isla is too cute and too precious. I am so glad to have met her, and can't wait to see more of her!
Post a Comment