The begining of November is one of my favorite times of the year... While I really enjoy Halloween, I absolutely LOVE everything that comes after...cooler weather, snugly clothes, Thanksgiving, St. Nicholas Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve Mass, and Christmas Morning...Right now we are in a season of anticapation.I am so excited to share this special time with Isla and I am so glad she is on the older end of her first year because I think she is going to have a blast with the holiday season.
Halloween was a big success with lots of Spooktacular Fun!
Our little Apple Baby (a nod to Auntie April, the original Apple Baby) had a blast at the Tiny Halloween Party on Tuesday. Things got off to a late start but eventually everyone got to eat and we made "bumkin prints" - little pumpkins with babies bums..jpg)
.jpg)
Our little Apple Baby (a nod to Auntie April, the original Apple Baby) had a blast at the Tiny Halloween Party on Tuesday. Things got off to a late start but eventually everyone got to eat and we made "bumkin prints" - little pumpkins with babies bums..jpg)
.jpg)
"Oopples & Banoonoos"
On Tuesday evening we went to my office Halloween party. All of the supervisors were crayons and although Isla was pretty serious and quiet the whole time, she seemed to enjoy herself. I had a wonderful time seeing some of my favorite little friends and they were all pretty impressed with Isla.
On Friday we went trick-or-treating at Andrew's office and then went to our neighborhood block party.
On Halloween we went to an open house costume party at Gretchen and Bryan's and then went home to greet trick-or-treaters. Isla wore her costume and helped us pass out candy. Even the tough scary little monsters were charmed by her.
Isla, this is what I'll never forget when I think of your first Halloween:
- The pumpkin you loved rolling around and tried to use to practice standing - too wobbly.
- The pumpkin pie you helped me make - you loved playing with the slimey pumpkin after I'd taken the seeds out.- Where's is Baby's Pumpkin - The hide 'n seek book you took a big bite out of and learned how to 'lift the flap' with.
- Your obsession with the candy bowl and playing with the candy. I think this is the last year where you will be completely delighted with an unopened snack size bag of M&Ms.
- The way you could barely crawl or even sit up in your costume. I am amazed at your persistence. You remind me of Violet Boulegard in her blueberry costume.- You refused to keep your hat on - after mere seconds you would yank it off and grin with triumph.
- The discovery that nothing is cozier than a pile of warm laundry on a cool day.
- You've learned so much in the past month. I can't believe my little one is cruising around, eating finger foods, and babbling up a storm!
- You've learned so much in the past month. I can't believe my little one is cruising around, eating finger foods, and babbling up a storm!Isla, despite the momentary teething and fussiness, your spell grows stronger everyday. Daddy and I are bewitched and completely in love!


No comments:
Post a Comment