Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm A-dolt Now!

When I was young my sister and I had a lot of qualms about growing up...we really couldn't imagine how "Dolt-hood," as we referred to it, could be better than our perfect childhood.  (We really had an amazing childhood...a huge motivation for staying home with Isla is trying to pay forward all the love, joy and magic my parents gave us when we were little.)
Well, there are some perks to being an adult...in addition to exhausting myself by staying up late writing blog entries, I can make cookies any time I want!
After dinner I mentioned to Andrew that I'd like some cookies.  He enthusiastically seconded my motion and then made a sad face when I mentioned that we didn't have any...
Then I realized that we could have cookies...and now we do...and that is just one of the reasons why my 8 year-old self had nothing to worry about, because it is good to be a-dolt.

No comments: