One of Andrew and Isla's favorite games is to hold Isla out at arms length and try to get her to walk to him. After seeing one of Isla's betrothed, Ethan, walk between his parents we've been trying to have Isla walk too with absolutely no success. Actually, Isla can't even stand on her own for more than 4 or 5 seconds. She just doesn't have the balance down yet.
Tonight Andrew and Isla were playing ball in the play room/area while I was making homemade pumpkin walnut ravioli with dairy-free white wine saffron sauce (we got a pasta maker for Christmas and I was feeling creative - it turned out good!) and suddenly Andrew started whooping. I looked up and Isla was WALKING to Andrew!!! I got to see 2 of the 4 steps. Apparently she pulled herself up on some pillows and just walked over to Andrew, right into his arms! She walked to both of us a few more times and then we realized that we should be getting this on video. Of course that was when Isla decided that she was done walking...for now...
Pouty Isla says, "What's it to you?"



3 comments:
That's my BIG GIRL!
Yay for my amazing talented niece! How are the teeth doing? I remember you saying that she had some coming in.
Cute picture she looks like a poowdy the pup.
Post a Comment