We have a drawer next to our stove that is filled with boxes of tea. Isla investigated the drawer today had fun pulling all the boxes out. I let her play with our tupperware and when I saw her playing with the tea I didn't think anything of it.
A few moments later, I noticed the tea party had quieted down. I glanced down and found Isla covered in loose tea, eagerly licking her fingers. She had ripped open a pack of iced tea and was eating it up. I picked her up and ran to the sink and tried to get as much tea out of her mouth as possible and then called our Dr., who referred us to poison control. Steve, the reassuring poison control guy, explained that it wasn't enough caffeine to be toxic (Thank God!!!) but I could expect a grumpy and wired little one.
The next hour was interesting - Per Steve's instruction, I let her eat as much food as she wanted to try to dilute the effects of caffeine and prevent a tummy ache. Then Isla literally bounced off the walls for 30 minutes and then I gave her a bath to calm her down. I just put her down for her nap...we'll see if that lasts. Now that I know she's fine, it was pretty funny.
I called Andrew and was reminded again why I married him. Instead of any guilt trip, he was completely supportive and understanding. I LOVE HIM!
Tonight we'll be adding a few more safety latches to the kitchen!


3 comments:
It's amazing what our little ones can get themselves into! We miss you and hope we can see you soon!
Oh man I wish I had seen your little caffinated baby! I hope you don't mind that the mental image is just hilarious!
You sure have a little pistil on your hands. At least we know she active and healthy. MaMa A
Post a Comment