One of my friends started a blog where she writes a post a day. I am very impressed with this undertaking, especially since she has her hands full with three children between 20 months & 5 years!
Well, the 365 thing got me thinking...Isla and I often spend all day running errands, cooking meals, doing laundry, cleaning the house, without much variation from our routine. Yes, we play every day & we always spend a lot of time reading, singing and snuggling before naps & bedtime, but I want to make sure we are doing the special things that I remember that made my own childhood so special.bark
So with that in mind, we are going to embark on our own 365 project - 365 Days of Play!
I just googled my project name & someone has beat me too it and wrote a book, but I'm not deterred.
Isla & I will be doing something unique (to us) every day. I plan to keep track, but, in the interest of making this doable, I'll be happy if I just list our activities.
Here's what we've done so far:
- March 3rd - A walk & rock hunt in the canyon
- March 4th - Rock washing (Isla loved scrubbing, rinsing & drying her rocks!) & rock enhancing - paint & glitter (So Posh!)
- build a fort
- make play-doh
- cook something
- bake something
- make potato prints
- finger paint
- make cinnamon ornaments
- bubble prints
- shaving cream painting
- have a shape / color day
- fruit prints
- plant plants
- feed the birds
- drum party
- dress up
- backwards day
- noodle necklaces
- water balloons
- Easter eggs
- Float vs. Sink
- Pine Cone Christmas Trees
- hand print art
- Skype
- write & mail a letter
- make a sandwich
- visit the fire department
- visit a pet store
- visit botanic gardens
- visit the train museum
- eat a rainbow
etc. etc. etc.
More ideas would be very welcome! The less advanced planning & the easier & cheaper the activity the better!


3 comments:
You can make your own bubble solution and then use your hands and different objects to make really big bubbles :) I can't wait to hear all the things you do!
I saw that one of your activities you want to do is Skype. Skype us!
stacy.edholm
Jason in Japan's is
padlishchuntzoe
You are so cute! Love you
Very sweet of you to say such nice things about the year of meaning blog and I love your idea about doing special activities with Isla!!!! Spence saw the pictures of your specially decorated rocks and he thought that looked like the coolest activity. We'd love to set up a playdate/dinner soon :-) We're a lot closer to you now, geographically, I think!
Big hugs.
a
Post a Comment