Ms. Isla Marie has been a busy busy girl...
She has really enjoyed play dates with her friends and is learning the ins & outs of sharing.
She had her first bad dream. I heard her crying during a nap & rushed in. With wracking sobs she told me that all the bunnies were sleeping & then asked me to hold her. Of course I obliged & rocked her until she calmed down. Before nap we read a Curious George book about a bunny that gets lost. I'm wondering if that triggered her dream.
Isla loves to take on the roles of her favorite book characters. Around her birthday she was Gloria - from the Francis books - who has a 2nd birthday in the books. After that she was Gloria, the mouse who receives a huge Valentine from a little b oy mouse in a Valentine's book we checked out at the library. After that she became Yoko - the little sushi loving cat from another library book. Now she is is Francis, or Thelma - both of the Francis books - depending on her mood. We are also getting assigned roles. It is so funny and completely reminds me of my neice, Malia, at Isla's age. Malia gave us all Disney names, I was Sleeping Beauty, Andrew was Snow White, her cat was Belle, & her dad was Cinderella.


No comments:
Post a Comment