Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Big Sister

I'm already getting pretty big - no huge baby bump, just a really thick torso. It is so weird; my ribcage expands really early in my pregnancies & I have to add extenders to all my bras.
My tummy is also starting too pooch out. Basically I just look large & in charge, not pregnant.

I know why too! I've already gained 10 lbs (well, 8 two weeks ago, so I'm guessing it is 10 by now!) I think the liquid calories are a big part of the weight gain, but it is also due to my amazing diet. Today I had a mango, tea, & sourdough toast with sunbutter & Hawaiian potato chips (squished on the sandwich) for breakfast, for lunch I had a olive oil & rosemary sourdough bread & green olive sandwich & a baby bell cheese, & some veggies & blue cheese dressing, later for snack I had a chocolate chip cookie, an apple, then some Hi-C fruit punch (I found some without any coloring in it!!!), & then made chocolate malted shakes with homemade whip cream, & then Andrew grilled some pineapple on the grill & then some fiesta chicken salad & zucchini. I actually drank 3 glasses of water today - a record! (& yesterday for lunch I had both a veggie sandwich & crepes suzette!)

Anyways, I've come to two conclusions:
(1) this is how my body does pregnancy, and
(2) this is how I do pregnancy.
I really don't want to stress about food during this pregnancy, unless I have to. Instead I'm just going to try to stay active in whatever way works, & enjoy the eating what sounds good, within reason.

Well anyways, I got up from my yoga mat today, where Isla & I were playing airplane. Isla looked up and me & said, "Ha! Mama has a BABY in her tummy!"

Isla has been really good. She is learning not push, jump, lean, or slam into my tummy. She asks what the baby's name is going to be all the time (her own suggestions - Charlotte & Escargot) & she likes reading Olivia books b/c Olivia is a big sister to a little brother.

Isla has been kissing my tummy & giving it hugs lately too! It is really nice to see her excited about her brother!

Despite all this baby love, we are trying to mostly not talk about the baby. He won't be arriving for a long time (in Isla time) & I want her to feel confident that she is, and always will be our darling little girl.

I have a necklace that Stacy gave me when Isla was born. It is the Blessed Mother holding Baby Jesus, or maybe any mother holding any child. I told her that it is Mama holding Isla. She loves the necklace and refers to it all the time. She is also giving Andrew & I tons of spontaneous hugs & kisses & we can't get enough.

3 comments:

Emi said...

Too cute! I am so excited and so happy for oyu and your growing family.

BTW - don't stress out about food. You're eating for two! =) Just be happy and healthy!

Emi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theedholmfam said...

Love love love it! I can't wait to see you guys! Get here already!!!