Another Isaac update...
On Friday I took Isaac in because his cough from the beginning of August never totally resolved. He also had a fever and runny nose, but I thought it was just the beginning of a new cold. It turns out he had an ear infection - his 3rd in 4 months, and a sinus infection - his 4th in 4 months, and had wheezing and decreased lung sounds. Our trip turned into a 3 hour adventure (Isla was a super star! So patient!) with Isaac getting a nebulizer treatment, an ENT referral (Ike seems to be determined to meet every specialist that Children's has to offer), a prescription for Augmentin ES (aka - Super Antibiotic), and an inhaler.
He has been doing much better with the inhaler and antibiotics and is almost back to his cheery self.
Modern Medicine is amazing!


2 comments:
Aww poor Ike! I had a cough from Mar till Mid June so I totally get it. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
Oh MAN! What a bummer! So glad he's handling it all well, though, and yes, thank GOODNESS for modern medicine!!!
Post a Comment