Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

1 Year!

It is 2:43 am on 10-22, I just finished working and there is no way I can do this post justice, but I also don't want to put it off, because skipping the post would be worse.

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Darling Boy!
From day one you've made sure we all know that you are your own unique little being.  I fell in love the first time I saw you on the unltrasound, but nothing will compare to the moment, on October 15th, 2011, shortly after 4:59 AM when, after waiting and waiting and waiting during your initial exam, I finally got to hold you.

In that moment all my fears about the capacity of my heart to love two children melted away.  I was head over heels... completely smitten. I can't imagine life without you, My Sweet Baby Boy!

As a mommy who thought I had it all figured out, you are exactly what I needed.  You've humbled me and taught me new things about life and love (and western medicine). 

Ok...Now it is 11:50 pm on 11-1... one endoscopy, a trip to Northern CA, "150th" Birthday (60 for Grauntie Chris & 90 for Gr. Great Grandpa, and an awful stomach flu for Mommy & Daddy later I'm back to add on.

You got your 1st tooth today!  6 months of teething and 2 pseudo appearances were all worth it!  It is so cute - really just a little line in your gum, but definitely legit!

You walked on Saturday! (11-27)  Your first steps were walking to or from (April needs to reminds me) your Auntie April at Gr. & Gr.'s house.  We practiced a ton and you can do 4-5 steps max.  After awhile you get tired and either crawl or body drop when we let go.  You also gave some delicious giant kisses while practicing.  Your kisses and hugs are the BEST!  I've never met a baby who can hug, but you do and have been able to for a few months now, at least.

You are a ray of sunshine, or maybe a lightening bolt.  Right now you are into everything.  Cupboards, trash, closets, laundry (clean or dirty), electrical plugs, cords, computers, phones, mulch, rocks, the toilet and pretty much anything else within arms reach.  I've been begging your Daddy to put in the safety latches because I can't get anything done unless you are napping or in your high chair.  Today you pulled a lamp down on your head, tried to eat a rotten pear in the yard, pulled all my clean laundry out and all the dirty laundry out, took all the toys out in your room right after I put them away, tried to get in the fridge, used the toilet seat as a drum, crawled out the back door after banging it open and opened the bathroom cupboard 3 times and took out deodorant & waved it around with pride.  Your God Mama and I were marveling that we've never seen anything quite like it.

Another favorite game is "Boom" which involves you repeatedly banging your head against the head of whoever is holding you until it hurts and you stop.  If the person says, "Boom" when you bang, all the better.

I put you to bed most nights.  We read a few stories, sing a few songs (always Dixie Chicks' God Speed), and then I cuddle you while we listen to Disney Lullabies.  When you aren't sleepy your favorite game is playing with the blinds.  You open and shut them and play peek-a-boo.  You used to play the same game with your curtains at our old house.

You have an amazing sense of humor.  You love all versions of peek-a-boo and saying "hi."  You wave and laugh and smile at anyone who passes your screening, but stare down anyone who doesn't.

You think your sister is the best and love any attention from her.  She loves you so much too and loves telling you, "I love you Brudda."  You also LOVE Daddy and laugh and smile and say Dada when he walks in the door.

Dancing and music is a favorite and you have a pretty good beat.  You can bang along to the song and it gives you such pride.

It is 12:37AM on 11-4 and 1 ear infection and a diaper rash in need of prescription cream later, I'm back again. (I'm counting the days until those tubes! Only 4 days to go!)

You are mad at us tonight.  Daddy put latches on all the cabinents and you are trying to open them and yelling when they don't open.

But, you are walking SO well!  You can already walk all the way across the kitchen!  You also are brave enough to start walking from a wall to a person instead of only from a person to a person. 

Eating your first gift.
For your birthday we had big plans.  I bought everything months ago, in July.  The theme was going to be, "I Like Ike!" (a tribute to your nickname and Ike Eisenhower likeness) and it was all going to be red, white and blue!  When we moved I discovered a bunch of of 1976 stuff, including a beautifully frames 1776 flag.  You were going to have cup cakes with pinwheels, patriotic swags, and tons of flags.  Grandma and Grandpa, Grauntie Chris, Grauntie Didi and Grauntie Carol came into town for the party.  More than 30 other people were also planning to come.  It was going to be a HUGE party, a party worthy of such an amazing little guy!
A crinkly nose birthday smile.  We slapped up a few decorations, including motorcade flags on the highchair!
Then you got really really sick with a mystery virus (originally thought to be roseola, but the tell tale rash never appeared, so we still have that to look forward to.)  You had a 104.6 fever and life was pure misery.  That morphed into a double ear infection and we had to massively downscale your party.  We had a small celebration over the weekend - basically a little party every night.  Unwrapping gifts on Saturday, cake & slap dash decor on Sunday and a little more cake and a few more gifts on Monday.

We were in the midst of introducing tons of foods for you, so you were able to have a regular birthday cake - yellow cake with caramel frosting.  You seemed to like it, considering you actually ate it.

You are such a cheery guy.  Even feeling completely awful and refusing to eat, you still managed to smile.  You also have been flashing your crinkly nose look (we may need a better name than that.)

Ok, I'm rambling...I don't think I can adequately describe the joy you've brought to me and to our family.
I LOVE YOU!  WE LOVE YOU! 

Waz Uuuuuppp!!!

Crinkly Nose Face

New Toys!

God Bless You Isaac and Godspeed Little Man.


...and here's the photo dump!
Happy Birthday!

Mini Party!

What's This?

I'm too sick to eat...

Hmmm...maybe not too sick?

Cake is Good!

Ok, this cupcake is my Everest.  I will eat it all.

All.

Trying to get the 1st birthday photo.

Attempt 2

Attempt 3

Attempt 4

Attempt 5

Attempt 6

Attempt 7

Attempt 8

9th Times the Charm!

Sibling Photo Take 1

Sibling Photo Take 2

Sibling Photo Take 3

Sibling Photo Take 4
Sibling Photo Take 5

Sibling Photo Take 6



Pig Tails & Crew Cuts...hair cut time!

Isla held perfectly still. 

The snacks and Tangled on TV helped too.

Pretty Girl!


1st Hair Cut!  Before  (also before the illness.)

Playing while we wait.

Sitting in the airplane chair.  Selected and given a seal of approval by Sister.  
One more before picture after the style consultation.

Hmmm.... 

Grandma saves the day with treats.

Almost done!
Styling!

Getting extra hair brushed off.
All Done!

Let's get out of here!


2 comments:

AggeJ said...

Thank you for the wonderful post. This is my first night home at my condo since I lost Papa and seeing all the cute pictures and the wonderful story really made my day.
Love,
Mama A

Ali said...

Oh Mama! I love you and I hope you are doing well! Call me!!!