Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear 14 Year Old Isla,



First off, I love you!
Second, you know how I embarrass you every time I open my mouth, and sometimes when I don't?
You know those moments when I act sooooooo silly or say such weird things, or just never stop singing... (I know you know, because I was 14 once too.)Well, I want you to know that all these embarrassing moments are not 100% my fault. In fact, believe it or not, you are partially to blame. You see, at the time of this writing, you happen to love it when I sing, you beg me to sing, so ask me to sing at least 15 times a day. You also love kooky comments, creative recitations, melodramatic facial expressions, and silly behavior in general. I love making you happy and seeing you laugh, so of course, I oblige.You've been training me to act like a total goofy nut and you probably will continue to reinforce this for at least a few more years. I can already tell that these habits are going to be hard to break.
Love,
Mommy of Almost 2 Year Old IslaPS - I love you!PPS - Tonight we were looking at a book with the planet earth and I asked you if you knew what it was and you said, "The moon." I told you it was the earth and then we sang, Rafi's "Big Beautiful Planet." Later in the book they showed planet earth again, but this time with the moon in the picture too. I asked you what earth was and you said, "Earth." Next I asked you what the moon was, and you said, "Little Earth." So cute!!!XXOOXXOO

4 comments:

Emi said...

<3 Miss Isla! <3 you too! Miss you both! BTW - you look fantastic in those photos (esp you hair!) Isla is adorable, as always! *hugs*

Lola said...

Those are really great pictures and I agree, your hair looks fab. Did you take them in Balboa park?

Kenner said...

I love how the post is totally sweet and there are so many comment worthy things, but all of us immediately went, "Your hair looks great!" ;) I was going to ask if you guys had a photo shoot or just a friend who is good with a camera, because those really did come out great! Plus, the stories were as adorable as always ;)

Ali said...

Thanks! I rarely do my hair, so it is nice to know that when I do, it looks good.
We have an awesome friend (actually the father of Isla's buddy Michael), who is a professional videographer / web designer, but also snaps a mean photo.