We started a play group with Isla's buddies Ethan and Michael. So far I'm not sure if we've all gotten together - there are a lot of bugs circulating - but we have had a few playdates.
See previous post for Isla and Michael getting into the holiday spirit by painting Christmas trees.
Isla & I left for Northern CA on the 15th so we had to squeeze a lot of celebrating in early. We got our (gorgeous!) tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.
The next day we went to December Nights at Balboa Park in San Diego with Isla's buddy Michael and his parents - one of our favorite holiday traditions. Here's Isla & Michael in front of the Grinch's tree.
The 6th was St. Nicholas Day. Isla put out her shoe the night before
The next weekend we had Andrew's family over for a big Christmas brunch - in our typical family style "brunch" lasted until 8pm! All the kids exchanged gifts and we feasted on delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have photos from the day (will someone - Mama, you know I'm talking to you! - please share their photos.) The one picture I took is of Isla's gingerbread house. Isla's cousins all brought safe candy and we made gingerbread houses. It was complete chaos, but completely fun too! Isla's Aunt Margo got really creative and brought snowmen - they are so cute. Isla stuck them everywhere.
On Monday evening, after a long fiesta of lab and Dr. appointments we had our family Christmas. When Andrew got home from work we had dinner and then opened presents. Santa stopped by while we were eating (we could hear his sleigh bells!) and when we went into the living room we discovered filled stockings
Andrew got a Ukulele and Isla really enjoyed watching him tune it and play.


No comments:
Post a Comment