Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two and a Half!!!

Isla has finally stopped telling people that she is three months old, and now tells people that she is two! Yey! I think it helped to have so many friends turning two these past few months.

On the 10th Isla turned 2.5!!! I can't believe my big girl!!! How has time flown by?!?!
We celebrated with a half-birthday / getting ready for preschool party with her best friend, Charlotte.
I watched Charlotte two Wednesdays in a row in the beginning of August. The girls had a great time and are getting really good at entertaining themselves (I know they look bored beyond belief in these photos, but they were having fun playing doctor - see Isla on the phone and Charlotte performing some sort of procedure on her knee - Doctor!),
but towards the end, I let them watch Mary Poppins - check out the couch potatoes!
When Gretchen came over to pick up Charlotte we had our party. Here's Isla's 1/2 birthday cake with 2.5 candles (vanilla pound cake with strawberry peach jam).
Gretchen brought whip cream and ice cream and we all tried to decide which tasted best with the cake - it was a tie after many rounds of taste tests. Each girl also needed a candle.
"I-wa" & "Charlint" (that's how they say each other's names) opened their gifts (matching best friends Sesame St. shirts) and immediately wanted to wear them.
The girls decorated their buckets for preschool with strawberry shortcake stickers. Then they watched more Mary Poppins while Gretchen & I visited and played with Iris.
PS - Remember my dilemma about what to put in Isla's room when we took out the chair... we opted for this bench / toy chest.


No comments: