Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Sleep...

How do you do it with two kiddos?
Isaac is getting old enough to need a routine, but with Isla's preschool it just seems impossible.
Our parenting book (Baby 411) was super helpful on the subject...

What to do if your child's school schedule conflicts with your baby's nap schedule...
"Naps are an important part of your baby's schedule. Enough that it is worth looking into carpool options... Don't sacrifice the nap if you can help it."

The carpool options are nill.
Isaac likes to be awake when Isla is napping, and nap most of the rest of the time.
Any ideas for this?
I'm tempted to call the AM nap a wash and run errands at that time and hope Isaac will sleep on the go and then try to get them both napping in the afternoon. (if only my previous mommy self could read this - she would be scandalized!).

My favorite place to nap...My other favorite place to nap... (with kisses from sister as a bonus!)My other favorite place to nap (& smile!)
My least favorite place to nap (with fun visual stimulation to encourage turning my head to the right.)My big sister, the super snoozer.
How could you deprive yourself of my cuteness by trying to make me nap!?!?

3 comments:

Kenner said...

He's so flipping cute! And I (once again) have no real advice :( I remember reading that section of the book, though, and thinking that it was pretty lame. WILL he nap if you're out and about? Because a nap in the stroller or carrier might not be IDEAL, but it would probably still be preferable to no nap! Good luck! Let me know what ends up happening (so when I have two kids someday I can be prepared!) :)

Lola said...

Both your kiddos have such gorgeous eyes. Sorry I can't help with the sleep thing, but I am right there with you in spirit. Sleep has been at a minimum around here too.

Unknown said...

Well if Isaac is old enough for a routine, then Meadow ia really ready for a routine. And we definitely don't have one other than bedtime. But Meadow loves the nap on the go which is fine with me because I feel like we are always on the go